This workshop, by Vasintha Pather, will give you the visual language to better communicate your ideas.
A picture paints a thousand words. The visualisation of ideas and concepts plays an important role in how we make meaning of and retain information, how we construct and communicate information, and in how we innovate. Cognitive science shows us that one of the ways the brain creates meaning is through building mental models out of the information we see. Using imagery as well as words to construct information and to communicate activates different parts of the brain in processing information – stimulating whole-person engagement and strengthened cognition. It encourages participation, shared visioning and shared understanding, and is therefore an important leadership tool.
What you can expect
- Understanding the power of imagery in strengthening communicating
- Enriched ability to draw and create fun, simple images, metaphors and visual templates
- Skills for including imagery in meetings, workshops, conversations and other group sessions.
Apply information visualisation techniques to:
- Process design
- Strategic envisioning and planning
- Innovation and ideation
- Communications and presentations
- Meetings and workshops
Some benefits of information visualisation
- Coordination - helps to coordinate the communication of participants
- Raises awareness and provides focus for knowledge creation and transfer
- Improves memory recall and thus fosters the application of new knowledge
- Process of visualising knowledge leads to further understanding and appreciation of concepts and ideas
- Knowledge visualisations can reveal previously hidden connections and lead to sudden insights, aha experiences
Date: 8 September 2018
Time: 8:30 for 9:00-15:00
Cost: R500 (includes a light vegetarian lunch)
Please let Rozanne know if you cannot afford it, we will not exclude anyone financially.
Lefika Banking Details: Standard Bank
Account Name: Lefika la Phodiso: Art Therapy Centre
Branch code: 004205 (Jan Smuts Branch, JHB)
Account number: 422271896
Swift code: SBZAZAJJ
Email your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place in the workshop.