Documenting through photography
In this workshop on 27 October, professional photographer, ER Lombard, will take participants through an experiential workshop focusing on how best to show your work to the world.
What is documentary photography?
How do you tell your, or your organisation’s story? Do the photos you use on social media have the impact that you desire?
In this workshop we will unpack some of the things that can make or break a photo:
- Choosing what to focus on
- Ethical concerns when working with vulnerable populations
- Consent and model release forms
- How to caption your photos for optimal impact
- How to take the best possible photos with limited tools
The workshop is aimed at people who:
- are involved in NGOs or NPOs
- want to learn the basics of documentary photography
- want to increase their social media footprint with good visuals
- want to learn how to use photographic principles to make them/their company stand out.
More about the facilitator:
ER is a professional photographer with over 18 years’ experience. His work has encompassed a variety of industries including, 14 years illustrating news and magazine features for local print media. His photographic skills also include sport, architecture, fashion, food, decor and automotive photography. He has experience as a newspaper picture editor and photographic manager.
ER started his own photographic company, Physion, and within the last 4 years he has been involved with creating content for an award-winning PR and Communications and social media campaigns.
He is meticulous about the quality of the images he produces, sparing no effort to ensure they are captured perfectly resulting in spending very little time on digital manipulation.
For more information and to view his portfolio, visit www.physion.co.za
Lefika Banking Details: Standard Bank
Account Name: Lefika la Phodiso: Art Therapy Centre
Branch code: 004205 (Jan Smuts Branch, JHB)
Account number: 422271896
Swift code: SBZAZAJJ
Email your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place in the workshop.
Date: 27 October 2018